When jumping the exits in Stechelberg please observe the following aspects:
The airspace is shared among paragliders, speedflyers and BASE jumpers alike. Low man has the right of way,- therefore:
- Give way to paragliders in flight. Do not fly close to a paraglider in freefall – They cannot see or hear you!
- Do not cross the river in freefall!
- Trackers and wingsuiters are asked to turn left off the exits and fly towards Lauterbrunnen, on the left side of the river.
- Use the base landing areas marked with the windsock at the left (down valley) of the car park
- Do not use the main paraglider landing area (next to the telecabin)
November – February
- All 4 Exits are open for basejumpers all day
- Paragliders are aware not to fly close to the wall
March – October
- Communicate your intentions to the landing area using the Radios provided at the exits prior to any jump
- Via Ferrata and Flowerbox are open for basejumpers all day
- Give way to paragliders who will be flying close to the wall
- Carefully check airspace before jumping!
- Only land to short grass!
- High Ultimate and Low Ultimate, Perkele and Flowerbox are closed from 09.00-14.00 every day. Also no tracking allowed to the right (waterfall) from Via Ferrata.
- Paragliders are aware not to fly close to the wall before 09.00 and after 14.00